Thursday, August 2, 2012

Goodbye Grandma Pris


I’m sitting here writing with a heavy heart as we heard the news of Matt’s grandma Priscilla’s passing, Weds evening.  I’ve been sad all day today, but I feel happy knowing she’s in heaven.  I’ve always thought of Pricsilla to be a special person in my life. She’s always made me feel so welcomed in the Pagnozzi family. She was so loving, caring and thoughtful.  She always remembered me for birthdays and holidays, which I have always been particularly impressed with, because I’m not her blood granddaughter. But some of my favorite memories of Pricsilla, were her phone calls. Before she got extremely ill, she ALWAYS called Matt and myself to see how we were doing and to give us words of encouragement. One of my favorite phone calls I will never forget was when Matt was in one of the first seasons of his professional baseball career. He had lost some weight because he went from playing college ball, a couple times a week, to pro ball where he played almost every day. She left the cutest phone message that I will never forget. It went something like this: Hey Matt, it’s grandma. I heard that you are getting a bit skinny, so I don’t want you to worry about what you eat. Eat whatever you want. Eat lots of macaroni and cheese, and McDonald hamburgers. Love you, bye” I will never forget it. Matt saved it on his phone for a while, because we thought it was so cute and sweet. I can also remember her leaving messages saying things like: “Just hit the crap out of the ball.” I loved it.  Not only did she call Matt to see how we were but she would always call me as well. Made me feel so good. I will always cherish the memories I have of Priscilla. We love her so much and she will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

  1. Were so sorry for your loss. Grandparents hold such a huge part in our hearts, that will never be replaced. When they pass its such a huge void in our everyday lives. Im so sorry. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Xoxo- The Garcia's

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww....sorry to hear this. It's comforting to know she's in Heaven, isn't it?! Thinking of ya'll.

    ReplyDelete