Thursday, August 30, 2012

Apartment living vs House living

As we are less than a week from closing on our house, I can't help but think how thankful I am for God even providing a roof over our heads. When I get annoyed with apartment living, I have to check myself and be thankful for even having a place to live. However, there are many annoyances with apartment living. Here are just a few that have been getting on my last nerve lately:

Sharing walls. Our apartment in Columbus had very thin walls and I could hear EVERYTHING! We were on the 2nd floor, so we heard the people above and below us. Our neighbor below us had a very bad, sporatic temper, and our neighbor above us had lead feet. I guess I don't need to complain about that anymore, because that apartment is out of our lives forever. ha!

We are actually very lucky with our apartment in Az. After about 10 people moved out of the apartment above us. (And 10 people is not an exaggeration) One man moved in up stairs. He's actually very quiet and I really don't ever hear him. EXCEPT when he vaccums about every other day right at nap time. It usually doesn't wake Bri up, but how annoying! Nap time is suppose to be quiet time for mommy and baby!

So in about a week, we will be done with apartment living...until the season starts next year. And I am so grateful!!!

Here are a couple of my favorite spaces in our new place:


                                                                        The Kitchen!


                                                                    The Master Shower


I'll post more pics when it's completely done! 

3 comments:

  1. It seems like you'll be moving to a beautiful home. Congratulations! Hopefully, your new home won't give you the problems you've experienced back in your old apartment. Then again, you might want to check out Gold Coast apartments if you're not happy with you current abode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new house! I love your cover image--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog

    please email me at kellysavenue@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete