Sunday, August 5, 2012

God and Baseball


I’ve been wanting to write about my feelings about baseball for sometime now, but honestly, it’s hard to completely write my true feelings for the “whole world” to read. It also may seem like I am complaining for no reason. Don’t get me wrong, I feel very blessed with the life we live. So many people dream of being in the situation we are in. I know it could be so much worse. I thank God for my husband. For his health, his attitude, job, and I could go on and on. But sometimes I get discouraged. Living an unstable, inconsistent life can be wearing. (I can’t imagine how my husband may feel) I was reading a baseball article recently, and a player was quoted saying “I was disappointed when I broke camp with A ball. But I knew my future was in my own hands. If you pitch well and get better at the things they want you to get better at, odds are they'll move you up." I couldn’t help but chuckle when I read this. Ok, yes this is true in some cases. But in baseball, you can do your absolute best and it is still not "good enough". I have many stories of Matt doing basically everything he could, and still it not being “good enough”. Goodness, my husband is a fighter. I look up to him in so many ways. And when I really think about it, I seriously cannot believe some of the things that have gone on in his baseball career. (Maybe I’ll go into detail when I write a book later-Ha!) So just when I feel like “Geez God, what in the world are you doing with us in this baseball life?!” He shows me. Yesterday, Matt called me after his game excitedly telling me about a conversation he was having with one of his teammates about God. I couldn’t help but feel as excited as he was telling me the story. We hung up the phone, and I realized, oh, that’s why we are living this unstable, inconsistent life. God may have placed us on this triple-A Columbus Clippers baseball team, to change the mind of that one player on Matt's team.

I know my husband has been a witness to more than just that one person. He has witnessed to many, including myself. Thank you sweetheart, and Thank you, Jesus! I am reminded, once again, that we are right where we are suppose to be…. For now :)




Click the link below to see Matt hit a BOMB! I think it's probably the farthest homer I've ever seen him hit! *proud wife* 

8 comments:

  1. I so admire your honesty my friend. And I can tell you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I just had this conversation with Beau today. I'm bummed we are in AA, I feel like a worthless person half the time, I want to go home. He had the best attitude and said God has a big plan and we have to trust Him. It's amazing how good God is and how refreshing it is for the Lord to use our husbands to remind us sometimes : ) I miss you and pray that these next few weeks go by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey my friend! Don't you EVER feel worthless! You are such a strong, amazing supporter to your man, and he wouldn't be where he is without you! It takes such a strong person to be in this lifestyle. I am so glad we have each other to relate and our wonderful guys to help us get through the rough times! (It's OK for US to have rough times during this long season) Miss you! xo

      Delete
  2. Keep your chin up girlfriend! The season is ALMOST over!! :) I know you will be glad to get back home. You are exactly right...GOD has you right where he wants you to be for NOW! We don't understand sometimes but thank God he knows what's best for us. I remember those days and yes...they are extremely hard. It's sooo unpredictable and unfair but just trust God and allow him to use ya'll where ever you may end up. We miss ya'll!!! Hope ya'll are having an awesome season! Give Brielle a kiss from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the words of encouragement! It means so much!! Miss you all!! xo

      Delete
  3. Thanks for reminding all of us wherever we are in this big adventure called life, that God is truly in control! It is hard to stay focused on that when we are struggling! You have been the friend I prayed for in Alicia's life this season and God has been so good in bringing you 2 together! I am blessed to have met you, and I will pray for you and Matt, right along with Beau and Alicia! Enjoy your family as you look forward to going home! Judy Vannette(AKA : The Pudah)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Judy! This was such a sweet comment! Thank you so much for your prayers! I feel so thankful to have met you, and give you so much praise for raising such an amazing daughter! She has truly been a blessing in my life! I hope we can cross paths again! :)

      Delete
  4. Boy oh boy, thanks for making me cry today. Weirdly enough I needed this reminder too. It's so easy to get discouraged. Some days it seems like work trying not to think about how things could be different and stable.

    Don't forget you are an awesome example for other baseball wives and gfs too and I'm sure they look up to you as well.

    Hopefully we end up on the same team sometime in the future and we both know that is always a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Lauren, thank you so much! you are so sweet! I would LOVE it if we ended up on the same team!! xo

      Delete