Thursday, May 5, 2011

Enjoying the small things

There is a blog that I follow that has the title "Enjoying the small things". When I read that for the first time, I felt it to be a pretty powerful statement. It is so easy to get wrapped up in life and forget to enjoy the small, simple things. I have to admit, I sometimes get wrapped up in worrying about Matt's baseball career, which a lot of the time, takes my focus away from enjoying the small things. When we found out where we were going to start the season, we were a little disappointed. But after I let it all sink in, I remember feeling SO blessed, and thought to myself: "Thank you Jesus, for my hard working, loving, supportive husband, our beautiful daughter, and Matt actually having a job." So as I sit here in our one bedroom apartment in Colorado Springs, I am thankful for this experience, a roof over our heads, the chance to be able to say we've lived in CO, and so many other things that put life in perspective.

One of my favs:

“Don’t worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done”

-Philippians 4:6

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Life really is too short to worry about things. Give it to God and enjoy your blessings. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! I also tend to worry about little things all the time! I have 3 girls and I thank GOD daily for them and for my husband. Great post! ;0)

    ReplyDelete